What Information We Collect
We may ask you to register and provide information when you register as a visitor to our Websites, purchase Services or place orders, register to access an online demonstration or respond to a marketing campaign. We may also receive your information if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with us.
We may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (Other Information) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to our Services by a Customer (Authorized Users) routinely submit Customer Data to us when using the Services.
- Other Information. We also collect, generate and/or receive Other Information:
1. Account Information. To create or update a Service or Customer account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply us with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide us with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
2. Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata may be generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or some of our Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. We collect information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings and the Services being used.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. We may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
4. Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Services. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their accounts. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with us. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to us. When a Third Party Service is enabled, we are authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to us in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
5. Third Party Data. We may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
6. Additional Information Provided to Us. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with us.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, Information). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as account setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use The Collected Information
Customer Data will be used by us in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. We are a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to an account, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
- We use Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, we use Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about our company. These are marketing messages, so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Who We Share It With
We may share the information you provide with our business partners acting on our behalf for the uses described above. We do not sell your information to third parties.
How We Oﬀer Our Customers a Choice
If you do not want us to contact you or your company for marketing purposes by email, postal mail, fax or phone, you may opt out by contacting our customer service department or by sending an email or writing to us at the below address. Please note that we do not allow our Customers to opt out of contact that is required for the functionality of our Services or to maintain Customer accounts.
Security of Your Information
We use state-of-the-art security technology to protect our Customer Data, and access to Customer information is restricted to authorized personnel only. We are very sensitive to the privacy concerns of our Customers and visitors to our Websites.
Children and Privacy
We do not knowingly target or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for personal information.
Our Websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not share your personal information with those websites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Once you have left our site, you should check the applicable privacy statement of the third-party website to determine how they handle information they collect from you. Please view the privacy policies of those companies by visiting their respective websites.
Cookie tracking technology
Digital Advertising Alliance: https://www.aboutads.info/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada: https://youradchoices.ca/
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
The information you provide: You may provide information to us including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, and credentials. Submitting this information to us is voluntary, and you will still have access to the Websites without providing the information, except when needed to provide the information to access certain pages, resources, user groups, services or features.
Automated information collected: Our Websites may automatically collect information about you during your visit. Cookies can be accepted or declined in your browsers setting. Examples of information we may collect include browser type, operating system, pages you view, links you click on and your IP address.
How do we use this information: We use information collected to provide you with information about products and services we oﬀer, increase your user experience, and collect data to produce and provide you with information relating to your activity on our Websites.
Speciﬁc cookies we use:
Google AdWords: Google AdWords is used to advertise our Services. We use AdWords remarketing to show relevant ads to you relevant to your visit with our Websites. To opt-out of Google AdWords, please visit Ad Personalization Settings or AdChoices.
Additional third party cookies: We may provide links to third party websites or content. We have no control over cookies external or third-party websites set when you interact with the link or their website.
Web beacons, images, scripts: We may utilize web beacons, images or scripts to collect data about your visit and user behavior with our Websites. Information collected from any of these include your cookies, time information of your site visit and a description provided about your visit.
IP address and browser information: We may collect your IP address, operating system and browser information to track non-personal information including your user-behavior on the Websites, navigation ﬂow. Information collected is used for marketing purposes and to help manage our Websites by providing relevant content.
Other third-party tracking may be used on our Websites. We do not provide personal information to third parties.
How to delete and block cookies
To delete and block cookies please see the settings on your browser which allow you to set your preferences and/or settings.
Withdrawing consent to collect cookies
Third Party Cookies:
Required Site Features – vendors that may collect Personal Data on our behalf
Functional Site Features – vendors may collect anonymous data on our behalf:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about the user behavior of visitors with our Websites. The information is used to collect data reports to improve the content and performance of our Websites
We may receive updated Personal Information, including Contact Information from third parties and partners, which we may use to correct our records. Other purposes for which we may receive Personal Information are to update internet search results and links to our advertising or to further sales including procurement of paid listings (such as sponsored links). When we receive Personal Information from third parties, we verify that the third party has procured it legally and in accordance with our privacy principles.
International Data Transfers
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. We deploy the following safeguards if we transfer Personal Data originating from the European Union to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law:
European Union Model Clauses. We offer European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer Data. A copy of our standard data processing addendum, incorporating Model Clauses, is available upon request.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, we rely on our legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. We may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to our use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Questions or Suggestions
© 2020 SecureAuth. All rights reserved.